Bliss balls are the perfect snack. Filled with protein, vitamins and minerals I always have some stored in my freezer to grab on the go. Enjoy this simple recipe.
1 cup fresh pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes then drained)
2 tbs. raw cacao or carob powder
2 tbs. chia seeds
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla powder or paste
1 tbs. raw honey
2 tbs. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of raw sunflower kernels
1 tbs. unsweetened shredded coconut (to roll the balls in)
1. Food process the dates until they become a sticky paste.
2. Add all other ingredients (except honey) and food process until combined (the mixture may look a little crumbly – that’s ok!)
3. Add honey and mix (should help bind)
4. Roll the mixture into 16 small balls.
5. Place the extra coconut into a small plate and roll each ball in the coconut.
6. Refrigerate in an air tight container until it’s snack time or pop in your freezer.