I love a good ice cream, but as diary does not like me, I do enjoy making my own guilt free alternatives and they are so much cheaper and healthier.
Now you can use the base of this recipe and turn your popsicles into all sorts of flavours.
- 1 cup of almond, coconut or non-diary milk of choice
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh fruit – raspberries, strawberries, avocado etc
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup or raw honey
- Optional: add crushed nuts or seeds to the mix at the end
- 1 tbsp Cacao powered or dark chocolate
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Large handful finely chopped nuts
- Place milk, bananas, fruit (if adding can leave out too), cacao powder, and sweetener into a blender. Mix until smooth. Add nut or seeds at the end if adding.
- Using a cup with a pour spout, pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Place top on mold. Insert popsicle sticks. Place popsicle mold in freezer and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- To remove fill a large bowl with warm water or run under warm water.
- Place popsicle mold in warm water for 30-45 seconds. Remove from water and pull popsicles straight up of mold using stick
- Optional step, place cacao or dark chocolate with coconut oil in a heat-proof bowl. Melt them in a microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir to mix well. Dip the popsicles into the melted chocolate sauce and sprinkle with nuts.