Who doesn’t enjoy soup on cold days! They are defiantly my go to for lunches and dinners, especially once the weather gets cooler.
Now you can use the base of this recipe and add what ever vegetable you have in your fridge/cupboard.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large potato
- 200gms any vegetable you like (cauliflower, pumpkin, eggplant, zucchini, broccoli, kale etc)
- 1 tin chickpea or green lentils
- 1 onion, leek or shallot
- 1 garlic
- 1-2 vegetable stock cube
- 10-20cm fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice
- 1 teaspoon curry powered
- Chilli flakes (to your liking, optional)
- 1/2 tin coconut milk
- Water to cover
- Fresh herbs for serving
- Chop vegetables.
- Brown onions then added spices for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and chickpeas and stir.
- Add stock cubes, coconut milk and then water to cover.
- Simmer for 35 minutes or more until potatoes are soft.
- Serve with fresh coriander or herbs of choice.