This is one of two family cakes that I first learnt to cook as a child with my grandmother. Reminds me of her every time I made it, so I hope you enjoy this Grannies Banana Cake recipe.
- 125 gms butter
- Half cup raw or coconut sugar (optional)
- 3-4 ripe banana’s
- 1 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour (I use GF)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add two eggs and mix.
- Add mashed up banana and str well.
- Add bicarb soda and milk together and add.
- Add in flour, vanilla and mix well.
- Grease tin or add backing paper and pour in. Add toppings of choice. I like walnuts.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook for 40-45 mins or till cooked in middle.