Having a sisterhood encourages us to stand in our power, live life, try new things, grow and take risks.
Owning my own business, working from home, lockdown and my own healing journey from chronic fatigue has taught me the power of connection with other women.
Last weekend I spent Saturday with clients and then ran a co-hosted women’s yin and pin (acupuncture) workshop down in Warragul with ten amazing women. The theme of interest for the women at this workshop was learning to connect, living more in alignment with the energy of the moon and seeking more connections whether it be in person or online with other women.
And I could not agree more with all this!
Women especially are hard-wired for tribal connections with other women, which I believe is in our DNA. Our western fast pace world has lost the sacred importance of making time for soul community time with women.
I remember my first sense of women’s community when I started girl guides and with my ballet school. Both were my huge support systems and very much assisted me in shaping the women I am today.
The word community is, without question, central to human experience.
Being part of an engaging community gives us a sense of belonging. It enables us to share personal relatedness and support the perpetual growth of each other, ourselves and our environment.
A community can be anything from a physical place where geographically people connect, or via a virtual space such as on social media groups or private community platforms like my Aligned Living Membership.
Communities bring like-minded people together with similar characteristics and common interests.
“The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital” – Mark Hyman
So here are a few reasons why being a part of a women’s community is so good for your you and your health and wellbeing:
1. Sisterhood is a powerful and energetic super force. The best kind of friendship is when you have it with supportive women with whom you can share your goals and dreams. Sisterhood encourages us and makes us stronger. It can be what drives us to try new things and take opportunities.
2. A sisterhood can have a calming effect. It turns out having strong female companions is the key to our health. Female bonding helps to manage stress. Having someone to share your worries about reduces anxiety.
3. Close friends and women networks boost your immunity. Studies after studies show that a woman can make a full recovery and is likely to reduce the risk of disease when she has a strong and nourishing friendship.
4. Women are more innovative and creative with a sisterhood behind them. Having women coming together to support you and have your back can be empowering and it can help you become more resourceful and creative. It can also help you improve your innovative and creative thinking.
5. Sister circles create the space for you to stop, let go and breathe. A lot of women carry so much load, especially during work. This can lead to stress and breakdowns. Having someone to listen to you and check on you to make sure you are doing well can be very helpful.
6. Women’s community allow you to be vulnerable and authentic with judgements. Most women share the same stories and experiences. This helps create a shared vulnerability and a safe space away from judgements.
7. As women our souls crave connection and belonging that comes from a sisterhood. Being with women who can open themselves up and share things can lead to creating deeper connections. Knowing we’re not alone can create an incredible opportunity
8. Women naturally heal in the company of women. Women are stronger when she has her sisterhood behind her. It makes one feels even more powerful and confident.
9. A sisterhood can make us unstoppable. When women work together, we succeed together. Women fully supporting and believing in each other can make another woman go further.
10. A sisterhood gives us a sense of deep belonging and connection. Need I say any more!
If you don’t have a sisterhood or women’s community, but would like to be, then I invite you to join my private women’s self-care community called Aligned Living. Aligned Living membership is a private online self-care community all about connecting with self and other women and making you a priority in your life.
To know more about the benefits of joining this group and all that it offers, please click HERE