These zucchini fritters have become a weekend staple in our house. Mix and match sides depending on the season. Simple, easy, gluten-free and vegan friendly.
INGREDIENTS (makes 8 fritters)
- 1 medium to large zucchini
- 1/2 cup pea’s or corn
- 3-4 tablespoons chickpea or buckwheat flour or flour of choice.
- 1 tablespoon tahini mixed with 1-2 tablespoons water or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powered (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powered (optional)
- Fresh herbs: parsley, coriander, thyme, rosemary etc (optional)
- Grate zucchini into a bowl.
- Defrost peas or corn (if frozen) with warm water or boil for few minutes on the stove.
- Mix in pea’s or corn into the grated zucchini.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, garlic, chopped herbs and mix.
- Mix tahini with 1-2 tablespoons of water to create a creamy paste then add or just add one egg.
- Add in flour of choice.
- Mix all together till combined. Let mixture sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat. These fritters works best with no oil and just a non-stick pan. Can add very small amount of oil if need.
- Portion four in the pan at a time and cook on a medium heat for approx five minutes, until golden and cooked.
- Serve with what ever you have in your fridge: sauté greens, avocado, mushrooms, bacon, goats cheese, feta, poached eggs, sauerkraut, chilli onions, baked beans or tomato salsa.
Let me know what you think and what combinations you also come up with.